Making the right food choices along with preparation and simple meal planning is the way to create permanent lasting health. This meal plan is designed to give your body the fuel it needs for fitness as well as strengthen the immune system and satisfy the taste buds.
Along with the delicious recipes from The Lunchbox Revolution, here are some simple, straightforward tips to help you achieve your physical goals and maintain optimal health for good! Always make time to eat mindfully, with positive intention and be grateful!
- Start each day with a glass of tepid water and the juice of ½ lemon. This will alkalise and prepare the digestive system as well as assist in eliminating toxins. Finish your day with two slices of fresh ginger seeped in a mug of hot for atleast 10 minutes before drinking
- Water is required for every cell in the body, essential for temperature, hydration, transportation, elimination and performance. Drink a glass of water every hour and include Green Tea or Herbal Tea as another quality source of water
- Preparation is essential in maintaining motivation. A little time in the kitchen will result in healthy food choice always being on hand as well as saving you money
- Invest in a quality Protein Powder. This will help keep your metabolism burning, help maintain ideal weight and satisfy cravings
- Carbohydrates – choose complex carbohydrates including fruits, vegetables and whole grain sources as your fuel. Aim to eat more of these earlier in the day
- Proteins – Amino Acids are required to build and repair muscle, support the immune system and all living cells. Quality Protein includes Fish, Poultry, Meat, Tofu, Eggs, Chickpeas, nuts and seeds
- Fats – Not all fats are created equal. When adding fats into the diet, include essential sources such as Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Flaxseed Oil and Nuts.
- Do not obsess over calorie and kilojoule measures. When eating a clean diet of quality Protein, Carbohydrates and Fats, you will be satisfied and confident that your body will be receiving all the nutrients it requires
- Portion Sizes – Protein sources should be approximately 100 – 150g per serve. Fruit should be one piece and vegetables should be the size of a cupped palm.
- Eating Out – When eating out order grilled fish or chicken, steamed vegetables, salad with dressing on the side, avoid the bread basket or order two appetizers. Avoid alcohol and drink water